Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Practicing self-control

I managed not to bite through my tongue, rip my hair out or dig my nails into my own flesh as the nice woman at Fed-Ex explained that the plane broke down and that is why my dissertation is sitting in the Fed-Ex in Memphis, TN instead of on the West Coast. She assures me that it will get to the final destination by TOMORROW morning at 10:30am PST. I even remembered to thank her for the information.

I think I will now go run around the block several hundred times.

I've Fed-Exed probably twenty packages in my short life. THIS had to be the one not to arrive on time? At least I gave myself a little bit of a cushion...very little.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh...honey...oh...just breathe..just keep breathing. We love you!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I AM CALLING FED EX RIGHT NOW TO GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND! Actually, if the Fed Ex guy walks in today I'll be sure to rip him a new one, as I'm positive it's his fault.

Deetie said...

Of all the planes it had to be YOUR plane. Ummm, at least it didn't take off anyway and crash and burn up your package? Sigh. Follow Shaz's directions and repeat as necessary. I will send only good vibes to your dissertation package so that it arrives. Did you at least get a refund? (I know it's not the money, but it's still the principle of the thing.)

MUSICALLY MISCELLANEOUS MAYHEM

Mostly Musicology, Teaching, and a bit of Miscellanea