Friday, January 08, 2010

Checking in with 2009-10

I'm probably not alone in marking my "years" by the academic calendar, rather than the Jan-Dec plan on which the rest of the world seems to run. ;-) That this is/has been the busiest year of my life is not overstating the situation. I've tested my limits, and I'm living to tell the tale.

At the end of Summer 2009, I wrote this post, with a list of everything I needed to prepare for Fall 2009 (and into Spring 2010). I think it is good idea to re-examine that list and see where I'm at for Spring 2010.

Syllabi (Spring 2010)

4.75 / 5

History Proficiency Exam (to write, not take...)
0 / 1


Book Reviews
1 / 2

Conference Papers (EEK!)
0 / 1

Program Notes
3 / 5

Pre-concert Lectures DONE!
1 / 1

Elections to coordinate/tabulate DONE!
1 / 1

Concerts to Review
1 / 9

Competitions to adjudicate
0 / 2

The list above represents the items to which I have commitments/have been accepted. Below I've included some goals for this year.

Conference abstracts to submit
0 / 3


Articles to submit
0 / 2


Book Proposal to outline
0 / 1


HMM. Very telling, indeed.

No comments:

MUSICALLY MISCELLANEOUS MAYHEM

Mostly Musicology, Teaching, and a bit of Miscellanea